Sunday, December 9, 2007

Preparation of the heart

"LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble;You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear," Psalm 10:17

But as it is written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,Nor have entered into the heart of man. The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

"For a multitude of the people, many from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, yet they ate the Passover contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the good LORD provide atonement for everyone who prepares his heart to seek God, the LORD God of his fathers, though he is not cleansed according to the purification of the sanctuary.” 2 Chronicles 30:18-19

Finally found time to write down some thoughts about the Ipoh retreat and things that has happened.

It is pretty late now at night, and I am not too sure I can grasp my thoughts well. In a nutshell, I hope to summarize the events that has unfolded this year.

This year has been a trying year. Somehow, I think the most convicting work that God has done this year is the preparation of the heart belongs to God.

It has been a refining year. Somehow I have neglected my thoughtlife. This year however, a lot of deep impressions were formed. The nurture and mature of God's in the heart of a believer is such a necessary work and such a painful one. Jesus said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and He said in His opening sermon of His Ministry in the Beautitudes, "Blessed are those who are pure in heart, for they shall see God."


There are many painful struggles that I went through. Especially in work and relationships. I do ask God why such trials of this nature.

Now it is the end of the year, I realise something so important about purging. To purge means to squeeze out. And I realise that only painful and insurmountable stress, presses a person to think, to examine, to map out his heart towards God. A lot of resentful attitude were exposed. A lot of misguided trust was exposed. A lot of presumed grace was exposed.

And I realised how important it is to sanctify your heart. And I realised this sanctification is not wholy a work of man but God. It is so painful yet powerful.

When God initiates the construction, He initiates, completes and perfects it.

There are thought processes, motivation, intentions and purity of thinking which I thought were not important. There were atitudes of genuine love vs hypocritical love that I didn't realise. There are pretences of spirituality that I didn't know but now adhore and still is struggling with.

But God is in the business of preparing the heart. I realise that God doesn't approve of any work done with wrong attitudes.

It doesn't matter how much you are doing for Him. It matters how much you love Him.

And the wonderful thing I realise, God is in the business of refining this impure heart.

I wonder why the purging when it started. Now I can see why.

The bleeding heart is a tender heart.
The crying heart is a humble heart.
The needy heart is a praying heart.

How would I have such a heart unless God allows these circumstances to befall.

I hope this is not the end. Seems strange why I ask that.

Because the work God has began, it is foolish for me to think that He should end it.
If it is for God's glory, I realise that I can take joy in all tribulations. I dun like the feeling. But I see the promise encouraging. James said the same. Take joy in all tributations...

As I write this, I write with a grateful heart.

I want to say Thank You Lord.

For those who are experiencing God, look at the circumstances and look within your heart. See whether God is working to turn a heart of stone to flesh. We need that. How desperate we need that.

And thank God. God is in the business of preparing the heart.

Blessed again are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

A heart scupltured for the purpose of seeing God. And only God can and will do that.

Thank you Lord :)

But in a nutshell again. The purpose of the preparation of the heart as in verses said above.

Drawing near to God can only be achieved with a pure heart. Drawing near God begins with God. A heart for God.

Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you.

Yet this heart must be prepared by God.

Days growing as a Christians means a greater wonder in how God does His work in the lives of His children.

Wonder on...

God produces this wonder and is the object of your wonder...

No comments: