Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fair or not fair

Perhaps you have heard a small boy says, "not fair"

Perhaps you heard another man says "not right"

We all seems to have intrinsic in us moral values.

But we have also a fallen moral in that we are self-righteous.

We failed to see that we are fallen. At best that we are, none seeketh after God. And none can point a finger at God and say to Him, "God you are not fair, God you are not right."

I read in the bible this week that says God loves us. I wonder for a while. Not fair not right but God loves me. Does that all fit together?

Doesn't. God loves me. That's truth. Not fair and not right doesn't seem to be the truth. And I realise this - Not fit and not right, they are from the lips of men.

I realise what it means that truth sanctify us. Or truth set apart us. Knowing the love of God is what seperates us. Knowing God brings into the protection of His love. Guarded by His love. His love is in His wisdom. His love is in His design.

Much things again happen this week.

I pray with the knowledge of the love of the Father. I ask what I think is best for the situation.

God answers as well to the best of His knowledge and that is everything, I need to firm my faith in.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe, if God were to judge us fairly, none of us will enter His kingdom!!!

Thank God He's not fair!!!

;-)

Gail said...

Don't think God is not fair =P

I don't know how to conceptualize 'fairness' here but I think one day when we all stand before God we will acknowledge that He is indeed fair and just.

tezuka said...

I don't think God's not fair either.

God loves us. God is just.

Both are truths.

Thus God gave His son for us. God is judging fairly, with all His wisdom and love.

Simon Lim said...

It is difficult.

I agree with what Gail and Tirza said.

All of us have moral laws written in our hearts by God. So we are able to discern right or wrong.

I use the word fair or not fair. This thoughts came when I read Roms 9:14-18.

If we placed fairness on God attributes, we placed it through our fallen nature. It is always difficult to perceive and conceptualise fairness through our fallness as though we put God through a jury and pronouce His attributes.

God says He chose whom He have mercy on. Is that fair? We can't. Coz Roms 9:20-23.

I thank God His decisions are made independent on me. God is self existing and made decision according to His purpose and His will solely independent of us (Eph 1)

That put me to say this. Wisdom belongs to God. I shall not judge my God in what He does.

God is who He is. Thank God for being God. :)