Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Purpose Cornerstone

Looking at the list of posts that I wanted to post and saw "Taman Negara". Haven't post up that one. Really it has been more than 1 month since we been to Taman Negara.

Better post it up...or else like what Master Oogway said, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is the present. That is why it is called a gift." Time really flies. The pages of history is getting thicker.

Today had lunch with my colleagues and each of them agree that time is flying by like nobody business. Time is going so fast. I can't disagree and I realise things also can happen in an instant. Anything can happen in an instant. We shall never never take life for granted at any moment.

Still delivering some thoughts. Pastor preached on Daniel 1 and Daniel said that He purposed that He will not defile himself with the King's food. This morning, I thought of the word "purpose". I asked myself what does the word "purpose" entails.

If I say I purpose to meet someone and do something but never got to do it. Thats not purpose. It is not purposeful coz the outcome has not met your purpose. Purpose must come with conviction, committment and consequently, the disired outcome. If I say I would like to be in my office by 8am, I should have slept early so that I would not struggle to wake up the morning (which I had this morning), and I didn't reach the office at the desired time. Hence this morning, the thought of purpose came. Daniel purposed he will not defiled himself. It is a purpose out of a resovled heart and it comes with a plan. He bring it to pass by sheer abstainace. He continually commit to his purpose. It is not what we say that will amount to anything. It is what we do that amount to something.

When God purposed redemption, He brought redemption. Purpose and truth comes together. If we purpose, we are saying we promise to deliver. No wonder scriptures say that God is full of grace and truth. God's purpose reflect His grace. Salvation is by grace. Therefore, to live a purposeful life, one must live and walk by grace alone. Because that is gracelife. And Daniel lived by grace through faith in Christ alone. He belived God will substain him even if he does not eat of the food. That purpose was an understanding of God, of grace, of truth. That purpose is a conviction, a committment and a consequent, God is honoured and glorified through him.

Hmm...I hope what I write make sense. Morning thoughts in a sleepy head...

No comments: