Monday, November 30, 2009

A new song

I am supposedly to be writing my thesis..but ended up writing a song. Been listening to the Rose a fair bit and reminded of some verses in Isaiah 42:2-4, which reads:

2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.

3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his law the islands will put their hope."

The same text was spoken of by the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 12:19-21, which says:

19He will not quarrel or cry out;
no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he leads justice to victory.
21In his name the nations will put their hope."[a]

After read these verses, I wrote down some words and thoughts and eventually it became a song as I put a tune to it. Thank God for this song coz it is truly a comfort especially in this trying time when I am rushing to complete writing my thesis in impossible time. Today I finally finished the required section and would be submitting to my supervisor later today. I am so glad and thank the Lord for His enduring grace and guidance. There is more to be written but I am grateful as it is now :)

I will do a recording when time permits...Here are the lyrics.

I Will Praise Him

His love can flood the gentle reed
The bruised soul He will uphold
He lights the smouldering wick
As we put our hope in Him

His strength can lead the weak
The blind was made to see
He wipes the tears of despair
As we put our trust in Him

Chorus
I will praise Him, I exalt Him
I will sing. His wondrous works
again
I will lift my voice, I will live
To show the Lord is my
love song

His Spirit searches my heart
The pain He comfort and heals
He leads every trial to victory
As we put our hope in Him

His wisdom commands my way
The path to take, He will lead
He is the beacon in the darkness
As we put our trust in Him

No comments: