Thursday, April 15, 2010

Being judge by God and not by man

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Heb 4:12-13

3I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God. 1 Cor 4:3-5

I realise a very important thing yesterday. I have thought through it. And this are the verses I believe God has pointed me to stand on.

No man is perfect in righteousness and I thank God I am given righteousness instead. The two passage clearly says the clarity of God in judging our intents and our motives. And inwardly, we have a conscience that either accuses us or excuses us. We need our conscience to be invariantly connected to God and that is by the Word of God.

We do not need tirades of our own formed up opinions to be our mind bogglers where our attention truly must be in the courts of heaven where God is the perfect judge of all things for He is the only one that knows all things.

Thank God for His Word that made it plain and simple.

The incident I faced today further resolved the point. We ought to be diligent student of the Word for if our conscience be good accusers or excusers of ourselves, we have had to have this conscience saturated by the Word of God. Not emotions, not opinions, they fail miserably.

Let your life by guided by the Word and you know when you are in that pursuit, you are being judge by God for His Word abides forever.

We really need this.

No comments: