Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Word of God

Psalm 119:9-16

9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

Today had a interesting conversation with Bro Boon Tiong. I think that is how his name is spelt. In fact the reality of meeting some one who shares the same passion as the Word of God, in understanding the Word and letting its effectual message speak for itself is so refreshing. Bro Boon Tiong had been long exposed to expository teaching of scriptures by Pastor John MacArthur. So had I for more than 10 years now. Having that conversation is rejunvenating.

Today, I ponder some thoughts after hearing a sermon on the word of God. One of the things that was mentioned is keep the pure gospel and let it loose wherever you go. Coz the gospel is the power. Paul said the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Delightful thought to know that. Purity of gospel equates itself to the power of God.

Joshua Chapter 1 mentioned that in verse 8, "8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. " It is tremendous a committment Joshua made. A committment towards knowing God and having a blessedness in God. Somehow this day has placed my eyes again on the need to abide in Christ by abiding in Scriptures. No matter how though the going is, I know one thing that no Christian must neglect is the Word of God. Coz it is food for the child of God. It is the pure milk, the sincere milk of God. May it never, never depart for our diet of growth.

The departure from our mouth will bring dryness and parchness. The consumption of it brings great joy and fulfilment. I pray I will remember the day and night mediatation of it. For all a day is the day and night, the in and out of seasons, and all of life in what Solomon says at the end of his life, "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecc 12:13)

Let us continue to grow in the Lord by hearing the counsel of our Redeemer. His wisdom shall be our meditation. Amen.

No comments: