Sunday, April 5, 2009

Awake

Slept a fair bit in the afternoon.

Hardly could sleep now. Thank God today. Went to spurgeon website and read the old introduction of Spurgeon homepage for his sermons,

"I do not come into this pulpit hoping that perhaps somebody will of his own free will return to Christ. My hope lies in another quarter. I hope that my Master will lay hold of some of them and say, "You are mine, and you shall be mine. I claim you for myself." My hope arises from the freeness of grace, and not from the freedom of the will."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Spurgeon's conviction shaped his ministry. His belief on the absolute sovereignty of God. Few understand what I meant by this. God's foreknowledge predicates not on our freedom on will but by divine wisdom, every event of man's redemptive history will come to past because simply it is God's plan.

A load ease. Tough we must toil for the kingdom to advance, it is never the servant's work that can accomplish without the Master's decree.

I must understand I go about doing my Master's work and not mine. Only then, my hope lies on the freeness of grace. God's grace that is.

I am comforted by the quote from Surgeon.

No comments: