Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Peril of a Parole not coming

When I first attended the verdict court session of a murder case, I heard the verdict loud and clear. The judge in concluding his findings gave the verdict.

The accused was found to be guilty and the sentence reads, "On a appointed day, you should be brought to a penal instituition where you will have a noose hang around your neck, you shall be hanged till you die".

These words have no deviation. There lies the sentence of death.

A year ago, I read this particular accused is hanged and is dead.

Does life circumstances present in such a way that we find ourselves in a corner, finding it hard to manoveour, despair of hope and direction?

Somewhat I relate to this feeling especially this week.

I thought of the expression of "the peril of a parole not coming?" This is my heartfelt prayer cry this week. There is a need to trust that God is soveriegn. Deliverance will come.

It is strange that one week, things will going alright, the next everything can go into tatters. A roller coaster of ups and downs. The emotional turmoil is unbearable.

Not to experience a high followed by a abyss of low.

Extremes over a sharp short period isn't for any faint hearted ...let alone a fainting heart.

I suppose I can ask why God? But yet this question has a semblence of doubt. Why do I go from here? God often called us not to know, but to trust.

Perhaps I am learning what is the essence of faith.

Patience has its work. Hardship delivers endurance. Despair purges doubt.

We looked at Job, his suffering abound and for him after his trial of close to death would conclude that his ears used to hear but now they see....means a lot to me. Simple trust in God is never easy.

Simplicity can only come after complexity.

I am perplexed now but simplicity to trust God would come..with the time test run by God.

His clockwork precision would only mean He knows best.

Seem so insurmountable the tasks ahead. I could only mutter a simple prayer. "Help!"

And perhaps that is all that is ever needed to be said.

I trust God has heard.

No comments: