Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's wrong?

When I read Romans 2 again and again and taught it twice to 2 groups of people, I realise what is true of the Jews is actually true for me and I believe for many.

The work of God's grace. The work of God's word would fluorish only in a heart that desires to love God.

I feel a deep unmovable hardening of heart of some. I wish I hadn't felt that. Because if that is true, then the words that echo from John the baptist, from Christ our Lord and Paul would be true. From brood of vipers, to an unbelieving generation to eventually James who called the Jewish believers adulterers, having a love for the world, that the Word of God has no more an effect on you.

What conclusion can I then make in light of scriptures. It is a frightening thought. It is.

How many are truly saved?

Conscience and morality?

God's word working in our heart? Or our heart are harden that we no longer respond to the word of God. If it is only hardening, then we are at best a unbelieving Jew.

Must I concede that is true? Who would have a zeal for thy house?

Or we just soothing our religious conscience.

God forbid this be true. But if it is, can we even be sober to repent? I dread to think one more second further. God help!

No comments: