Saturday, January 26, 2008

Life is not a joke

Spent a long time thinking and praying last night.

Life is really not a joke. Hearing Jiun Ming speak of his cousin and his mother was sobering.

I have also witness death. The painful kind. I have witness massive thousands of bodies as well. Walking through scores of human bodies lying on the sides were a sobering sight.

Hearing stories of different people this past few months, I have heard of accident, severe ones that leave the person harder to live than to be dead.

There are many people afflicted. Many. So many incidences of death in this few weeks.

Looking at people around me. Looking at my own life. Looking up towards God.

I realised how terrible being frivalous in a Christian gathering can be so detrimental. If that is the consistent message.

We may preach a serious message. We may have a believer in the midst of us desiring encouragement from the Word. But if frivolity dominates our conversation. If carelessness and irreverential conversation precedes our awe of God, I shudder to think whether we know that losing a soul is no trivial matter.

Convicted to change an atitude of carelessness.

George Muller. Charles Spurgeon. John Piper. John MacArthur.These men taught me well about God.

Preachers get mellow. I get mellow when I see lives in need of God and afflictions of real hurt. There can be no frivolities.

Campus gathering must exuberate seriousness. Do not wish that if a new believer come in who desires God but seeing older Christians being careless in their words, it does not give the seeking soul a spiritual engagement with God. I think what Ezekial said concerning the watchman of the city, the blood will be on our hands.

Again, this is no laughing matter.

God, how? If you alone be glorified, please give wisdom on this matter.

Let Christ be lifted up that all men be drawn to you.

Amen.

No comments: