Sunday, April 6, 2008

That he knows Me

Jeremiah 9:23-24

Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.

This verse spoke to my heart today like a sword that spear right through. It seems that God is beckoning each one, that includes me to deeply be affectionately to know Him. A deepest desire of God that He be known. What a intimate cry. In the excesses of things that is going to come this week, this verse seems to me a pillar of strength.

A pillar of fire by night, and a huge cloud by day...

My God shall say to me, I will supply all your needs through Christ Jesus, and I shall reply, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

My LORD, Jesus.

No comments: