Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reflections

I wrote a song recently. I think I wrote it in reflection of this verse "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." Matthew 10:33

I had a discipler. Many years ago, in fact 20 years ago. He walked me through the entire book of Matthew in 1 year. That was straight after I got saved during a religious emphasis week rally. Back in my secondary school, St Andrew, we have one week of evangelistic campaign. I trusted Christ, the very first time the gospel was shared. To me, I find the gospel message so real coz the only one thing came to my mind when I heard the gospel, I need God's forgiveness coz I am a terrible sinner. That was what drew my heart to Him. I knew that forgiveness came because God loves me.

I dunno why this verse got stuck in my head coz after I had backsliden in the faith, this verse constantly ring in my heart, of which I am grateful for. God has used this verse to draw me back. The other was in John 6:37, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."

Perhaps going through the discipleship course reminded how one life can influence another. I lost contact with my discipler. But in a way this song could remind me how the love of God in someone's life can leave a mark of grace.

What Jesus has done on the cross is indeed precious. Love constrains us. Paul says. I think each time I look at the cross, I would not just be coldly staring but be filled by the knowledge of His love and His abundant mercy.

May Christ be glorified through this song.

No comments: