Monday, January 12, 2009

What is the purpose of life?

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Tim 4:6-8

We must love His appearing or we do not have a genuine hope. It does not matter that we know Christ. It does matter if Christ knows us. The thin line in this statement is this,"do you love God?"

My friend a real hope in God gives a real anchor in life.

Paul sees life like a race, always battling. He knows as an athlete, there are ups and downs, turns and downs....but he knows with endurance he shall win the prize ahead. It takes discipline, it takes battling but the end of it all, if that you know there is a prize and because of that singular focus of mind, you pursue it.

A love for Jesus is a life long pursuit in knowing God's love.

It is neither an avoidance of sin nor a seeking for the blessings. It is neither to obtain salvation nor avoiding the punishment of hell.

All these are good but my friend, the highest call of any man is his utmost for the highest....love your God with all your might, soul and strength and with that all the right intents and motives flow. It is not just to serve but to love God with all of thine heart.

Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God (Matt 5:8). And in Psalms, God make a promise, "Truly God is good to Israel,To such as are pure in heart" (Psalm 73:1)

A pure heart can only come with a satisfying love for Jesus alone. That brings glory to God.

When everything on earth is nothing but dust, then you will know everything else with God and in God are pure gold.

No comments: