Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tegami



This is a very interesting song. Someone introduce this song to me on youtube.
I have heard it more than 10 times. The song is in Japanese and I have got a translation.

The song is written by someone back to herself as a 15 year old. Encouraging herself to be brave, to be strong, to believe in what she is doing, believe in her own voice, and keep walking.

Recently I pen a song as well. Though I haven't quite finish the lyrics. The thoughts I have prior to listening to Tegami was similar. But it wasn't written to a 15 year old. It was written for myself in the belief on something that I hold dear to I must keep preservering.

One of the things I always fear is regret. Listening to Tegami, it has a very touching tune. Very much.

I strum my own guitar this week playing the new tune that I have composed and still deliberating what lyrics I would put in. I really hope while I am learning to play the piano, to translate it into a piano piece in due time. The tune has a very heartwarming feel. Tegami was played on piano. I guess that is where the inspiration is drawn.

Really wish that I have more time to learn the piano. Alas.

Was at the beach this afternoon. Somehow as the breeze gently blew, I felt that it was to me a melody again. Life will quickly slip by. Every passing thoughts will also slip. So would every melody. If I may be just able to write down something, produce something or do something, I should. Time doesn't wait. There is a speck that I can put down that the memory of who I was would etch itself firmly in a piece of time history. I was here.

Perhaps it is insignificant but listening to some of the things that I have penned, I know I have changed very much. It is amazing how life changes without you knowing you till you read what you have written in time past.

Like Tegami, what would I say to myself the way I lived if I may write back to myself 10 years later.

Perhaps through a tune. A letter.

No comments: