Sunday, February 1, 2009

Battleground

There are things you know in your head.

Yet when something happens, what is in your head doesn't translate down to your actions. Or when something happens, it is so instinctive to react in a manner. That it seems almost fixed.

Been terribly disappointed. I believe the hardest battle is the mind. What the mind directs without the act of the will, is letting a free reign of unguarded desires.

The resolve of a person is the character of the person.

Building resolve. Building defences. It is not just the mere reading of God's word. It is mind enablment of guard that trust and call upon an absolutely belief that God has perfect control and wisdom.

Never felt further from knowing the holiness God unless I can be certain that my heart and mind can anchor that God alone is worthy of all my pursuits. That is all. Somehow I find lack. Somehow I find a desire. The conflict battle has always wage.

Paul says of himself, "In me dwell no good thing."

To lose a second of guard could be a gateway towards disaster.

Somehow a mind, heart and soul fixed on God is indeed the hardest thing to do coz all surrounding a redeemed soul is a body of flesh.

Yet the battle must wage with the armour of God.

I hope what I battle in the mind will allow me to be fixed and settled.

The holiness of God is indeed worth the highest pursuit and shall be my sure defense. I must not lose guard.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. There must be scars to your flesh, your mind to do that.

It is war but I must, as Paul tells Timothy, to fight the good fight. So I must fight this battle.

No comments: