Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturation

Been reading Philippians again and again and again and again. Finally I think I realise what John MacArthur says..read the same passage on and on and on till you know the whole text..till it recycles in your mind, till you meditate it day and night.

And that is what I have done for 3 weeks now. Eating and drinking Philippians. The amazing thing is the verses in Philippians keep popping up my mind and I keep thinking about the text again and again.

It is really helpful. Really. I never thought deep and hard of a verse, a passage. And the whole context of the passage.

Indeed it is blessed. So blessed. That I can't describe the insights that was given. And the life and hearbeat of Paul becomes illuminating and a call to emulate. Paul says "imitate me and so imitate Christ."

It has been a rewarding endeavour.

Thank God.

No comments: