Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The love that is Assuring

John 14:27, "27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

As the crucification draws near, Jesus said to His disciples that He would be going away from them The disiciples was troubled. I believed they love Jesus. A departure of Christ wouldn't do for them. No doubt they didn't watch and pray with Jesus but they still love Jesus. Their hearts love Jesus. That is the essence of a Christian.

A love for Christ and Christ knew that. So He speaks words of comfort to the disciples that He will give them peace. Not from the World but from Jesus, Himself. From the God of the universe. That my friend is fortitude in the fort of Jesus. Jesus told the disciples that He would soon be glorified by going back to the Father. He says that to encourage their hearts. I think the heart of this message is Jesus is saying that He will leave this troubled world and return to the Father who dwells in peace. I believe Christ wants the disciple to look at a hope of absolute deliverance.

And the disciples would have peace because they love Jesus and they would love the hope of meeting Christ one day.

I hope all of us are reminded that the ultimate goal of any Christian is that he must love Christ above all else. We can't say we love Christ and not obey His commandments. We can't say we are doing God's will when we can't even say we love Christ. The most basic of Christianity is to love Christ.

Only when a heart is fully after Jesus, it wouldn't be afraid coz Jesus is fully yours and you are fully His.

My friend, seek for such a love for God. I promise by the promise of God, that there will be a supernatural peace that will guard your heart from the viles of the world and that is glad because you know in your own heart, you are loved by Jesus and you love Jesus.

Make that a conviction that will carry you through the new year.

Amen

No comments: