Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The pride of life

13 Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
14 But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” 15 And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness,[b] for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”
16 Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. 17 And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ 18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
21 “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”
Luke 12:13-21

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."
Luke 13:1-5

Jesus gave these 2 parables back to back. In my own opinion, it is a very sharp rebuke towards our very INDIFFERENT atitude towards God. Very indifferent. We will tomorow laid on a golden platter. We need to change that mindset.

Many disasters has struck in recent weeks and it seems like one huge tsunami, disasters one after another. Jesus had said when you see earthquakes...natural calamities, He says these are birth pangs that my return is imminent.

When Jesus returns, repentence would not be permissible but judgement.

My friend, if you would to see all the disasters around, scores of bodies dead, and you assume that life will go on, think again to the thousands who thought likewise would have their life snuff out suddenly abruptly.

Let not kid ourselves. Life is fragile. Face it.
Our hearts and mind are bent towards sin. So unless you press yourelf to believe, and have faith that indded we are in the very real LAST days. The stage seems set for Christ imminent return. Too many signs, and if God willing the rapture could come soon.

Meanwhile I hope you take a moment to reflect, is life all to it about festives, travels and being alive?

The soul seeks answer and till you reoncile God who is spirit, you will find that you act as a headless person, seeking but not finding becuause yo sought not God Himself. God deals with you spiritual and also physically in His provision. Yet a tthe end of us, we can experience the love of God and with grateful heart, say "Thank you My Lord."

No comments: