Monday, September 3, 2007

Growing Up





Endurance is a virtue. So is preserverance. However physical endurance is way easier. The pictures I hope tell a thousand words. These are pictures again of Mount Kinabalu. I was making my way up to the summit after leaving the base camp lodge at 3am. At around 7am, I finally reach the summit. It took at total 11 hours of climbing to reach the summit. I was never physically tested this way. This could be most likely my only physical strain I ever going to encounter. The reward is sure great. Look at the view. Awesome.

I remember how horrible feeling I had. Legs almost numb. Lungs almost screeching to a complete surrender and screaming,"Will you stop to rest!!! You are killing me!!!" Battling the body and mind, subjecting itself to complete subdue, the summit view says, "It all worth it"

That trip made me think that in other areas of my life, I must seek to endure. Though some things I have been waiting for 10 over years, I know at the end, it promises a greater reward than even the summit view. I saw the "world" in a sense on the top of Mt Kinabaulu, but really I am hoping I will see the world through another person. I wonder whether you know what I mean.

Love overcomes the World. Thank God for His perfect love and peace that endureth. Many rest-stops are needed but when I finally stand on the summit, I may really say "Thank you, Lord"

No comments: