Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heartbeat

Thank God for a great morning devotion.

Stayed in my office till 4am last night. Almost think it is crazy.

But thank God that I managed still to drive home safely.

This morning woke at 10am. And heard the song, "Lord, I ask from Thee"
This words struck me are "All the riches I found will be the treasures that I find in Thee"

Nostalgic words. Coz so many things have happened in 31 years of my life. How the endless and mindless pursuits of so many things in life when it was for my own grandisment or desires, God had taken mind and thwarted so many of them. Some are legitamate that is, they are not scripturally wrong yet God did not allow it to come to pass.

Thankfully today, I stand not resentful but joy.

Behind a frowning providence, hides a smiling face.

Today, I have began to see the value of some events that have unfolded. From my very own salvation, to the sanctification of the heart, I thank God.

I still have things that besets me. One of which is the affairs of the heart. But God is good. He has given me much resilence because of unfilfilled hope. And also awakening foolishness.

Recently I went up to Malaysia. A pastor was sharing his life story about his marriage. He said this, "Because I have committed this to the Lord, I have no need to fret who God has chosen." He sought the Lord.

He married at 32 after 5 years of dating. Interestingly.

It is a wonderful union today as I see both husband and wife. Both sought the Lord evidently. They have very godly children, one in her twenties, the other a teenager.

It is great to trust in God in this. Today I prayed concerning this. Let me seek a person who sought in you first. That rest my heart.

All of life, God wants us to seek Him first. My thoughts have often strayed. In many aspects. He has firmed it to be in Him. Thank you, LORD.

In my job, in my friends, in my family...the LORD has been always calling me to trust in Him and in Him alone. I can't trust anything else.

I thank God for a new open door to reach out to the campus students. It is an earnest plead that God would bless this work. If it is for His glory, His glory will abide.

Let me take great delight to live and affirm a life for You.

You have the masterplan, LORD.

Thank you for again a symphony of great chords and melody. And life would take you as our CONDUCTOR! :)

No comments: