Monday, October 27, 2008

Psalm 121

Psalm 121
A Song of Ascents.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

A Psalm of God's greatness. A Psalm of God;s keeping. A Psalm of God's infinite strength. A Psalm of a God who keeps us has the power to keep everything that He creator. A Psalm that says the Creator keeps us.

A God above excellencies, a God above majesty, a God above power, a God above every creation, a God above heaven, a God above earth keeps us.

This thought stagnates my mind but yet bring a depth so deep, no man can measure, only God can His love for us. An eternity of His presence and abiding with us.

This Psalm can bring fortitude to your soul if you grasp the depth of God's love for us. It transcends the physical. Not even time, space, and matter can seperate this love. There has never been a second of neglect, God says. Eternity, my friend began not by our definition. God is above eternity. But that is how God has loved us. It is a transdescendent love. Mine mine....

What a marvelous Psalm. And I can only express this. Glory, glory, glory to this form of Divine love, highest and all too great for me to fully understand.

And so I can only say this, I worship you, O God. Alone I see, alone I adore. What a marvelous thought.

My Saviour's love for me says Glory because only the love of God is perfect.

Glory indeed.

Amen

No comments: