Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thank God

It felt a ton of bricks just fell when I open my car boot. My bag and laptop was not in sight.

Then it dawn on me..could I have left it in SCGS? Oh NOOOO...

I rushed back to scgs and on the way praying that God would allow me to find my laptop and my bag....both contain very important stuff...especially the laptop has all the arranged songs and recordings. It would be a real travesty if it was lost.

The journey back to SCGS seems so far..so distant. What was a 10 min journey seems like eternity. With my mouth constantly muttering, "God, please, please please..."

When I reached SCGS, the gate was closed. I parked my car and honkied...nobody responded. I parked my car by the gate and went to the other side and thankfully it was unlocked. I found my bag on the bench but no laptop was in sight.

I looked frantically for the security guard and told him about my laptop. He said he did not see any and began searching around with me. We searched for a while. I called Uncle Ivan to ask him to check GLCC in Dunearn Rd, just in case someone brought it there. He called back..the answer was No. I called Anne to ask for Deacon Alvin hp..he was the last to leave SCGS. No long after next, the security guard shouted for me. He said he found the laptop in the dustbin. Sure it was my laptop. I switched it on but realised it was locked. Apparently somebody tried to log in without avail. Thankfully it was password protected. My laptop bag was nowhere in sight. Inside has my earphone, God is the Gospel DVD, Don't waste your life DVD and my favourite guitar ensemble Christian song CD...

The security guard asked whether I could prove it was mine. I thought long and hard and said..got NUS domain..here is my matric card...my NRIC..this laptop is definitely mine. He wasn't convinced. Then I realised I have campus pics with me inside....So I said see I am inside the laptop..that is a picture of me. He looked at me and said..ok, here is your laptop. I tried to look for my bag and the guard grew a bit impatient..and said, "time for me to knock off" I search the dustbin, but it was too big and too deep. My conclusion is that somebody must have found my laptop inside the bag and tried to log in. Failing which he could have taken the bag and threw away my laptop. This is because my laptop was found frozen and it is due too many failed password log in attempts.

I lost my bag but found my laptop. Haha..answered prayer. Though felt a sense of loss coz the DVDs were John Piper material and my favorite CD, I recovered the most important thing. The christmas musical....Wah..what a relief. What a relief.

And thank God for campus. The picture of campus convinced the security guard, that this is my laptop. Thank God for photography. Thank God. Best birthday ever. :)

No comments: